Full-Time and Consultant Positions
Fielding International, a global leader in school design, is looking to hire Education Designers responsible for facilitating collaborations with schools and architects to imagine, align, design, and implement flexible and innovative learning environments around the world.
What You Will Be Doing
You will develop, lead, and improve engagements with schools and communities. You will collaborate alongside school leaders, educators, students, and their communities as they imagine new facilities or educational systems and practices that utilize flexible, innovative, and future-ready environments to improve learning activities and experiences for students and staff. Education Designers will travel to support schools partnered with Fielding International one or two times per month during the school year. You will work collaboratively to lead teams of professionals through design-thinking processes that build a shared understanding of key problems to solve and potential strategies for improving education based on research. You will contribute to a broader community of practice that is working to optimize and provide the conditions that promote agency, equity, and well-being in school while improving the patterns of implementation and practice needed to create those conditions in many unique contexts.
Education Designers focus on two key domains at Fielding International:
1. ) Education and Learning Design Service
– Design and facilitate mission, vision, and strategic planning engagements to help schools build or refine a shared understanding of their desired future
– Conduct visioning workshops to identify preferred conditions and experiences that exemplify a school’s vision for learning
– Provide consultation to district leaders as they identify adaptive challenges and lead or implement changes in their communities
– Establish and support communities of practice for the continuous development of teachers’ skills and abilities related to new pedagogies and flexible learning environments. Often, work is centered around high-quality professional learning community practices, project-based learning, place-based education, and other similar curricular or pedagogical approaches.
2. ) Learning Environment Design
– Develop and facilitate interactive stakeholder engagements with schools and districts that are designing new learning environments to understand the unique qualities and needs of the communities in which they are located
– Analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources to develop summaries that clearly communicate a school’s intent for desired educational practices and environmental design concepts
– Observe, review, and recommend shifts in educational practices to align teaching or learning practices with the stated mission, strategic priorities, and new learning environments
– Collaborate with architects and designers in creating the ideal physical environments and conditions for learning
Your Future Team
You will join a growing team responsible for developing new educational design services while also continuing the established collaborative process for learning environment design. The cross-functional team utilizes consultants and full-time staff from a range of backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse blend of perspectives and expertise that can be custom tailored to each school. It combines the excitement of working on a “start-up” team with the benefits of working for one of the world’s most recognized school design firms.
Who You Are
You have the following skills, traits, and expertise
– Teaching and Educational Design
(Designing, developing, or implementing learner-centered curriculum or educational practices [e.g. project-based learning, place-based learning, academic service learning, student self-assessment strategies, etc.], cultivating spatial literacy for the design and provision of high-quality pedagogical practices that foster student and educator agency, teaching or leading others in flexible, innovative, or technology-rich learning environments)
– Building and maintaining healthy relationships
(A strong sense of empathy, excellent communication skills, reflective of personal biases, and value well-being of self and others)
– Leading teams through change or innovation processes
– Utilizing culturally responsive pedagogy and engagement practices
– Understanding and managing the development of strategies
– Thinking in systems
– Leading large groups of people through conversations and processes
– Prescribing a wide range of creative approaches
– Collecting information and data, analyzing, and formulating actionable insights
– Handling multiple projects simultaneously
– Working comfortably in Google Business Software Solutions (Slides, Sheets, Docs, Surveys, etc.)
– Managing projects and user experience design using digital collaborative tools like Miro.
– Master’s Degree in Education or Education-related field
(2 years of experience working in flexible or innovative learning environments)
– Familiarity with Adaptive Change Leadership
– Experience facilitating or participating in communities of practice
– Interest, experience, or formal training in architecture and design
– Knowledge of Education or Learning Environment Planning
– Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally approximately one or two times per month.
Why People Choose to Work with Us
Team members join Fielding International to create the conditions for learners to thrive. From elementary schools in Singapore to secondary schools in the United States Midwest, and universities in Central America, you will have an opportunity to work alongside an international network of leading thinkers, designers, and creators dedicated to helping educational institutions imagine and prepare for the future of learning. This means team members want to work around the world, bringing their talents to help all communities and cultures. We work for Fielding International to help shape the way teaching and learning happens across the globe.
Who We Are
We exist to make the world better by improving environments for learning. Our mission is to align a Learning Ecosystem: the dynamic cross-section between a school’s vision (what it is aiming to achieve for its students and community), its educational program (how a school functions to achieve that vision), and its social and physical environment (culture and places where the program is delivered). As an interdisciplinary team of architects and educators, we partner with school organizations to design learning spaces and experiences that promote student agency, enrich well-being, and cultivate authentic learning communities. With nearly two decades of award-winning education projects across 50+ countries, we remain deeply committed to reimagining the future of education alongside the communities we serve.
What Matters to Us
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and passion. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect, and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply.
We strive to create a culture that values and reflects each individual’s personal needs. Our goal is to sustain a diverse community of designers and thinkers in a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and encouraging—a place where you are pushed to do the best work of your life and enjoy working each day.
How to Apply
Please email us at email@example.com.
In your email, please indicate the Fielding International studio location you are interested in joining (Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland, Rhode Island) and answer the following question: How can you help us make the world better by improving environments for learning?
Fielding International provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, a wellness reimbursement program, and generous paid time off.